Leave A Positive Trace
We are currently in the process of remediating the farm. It is our hope, that through the sharing of knowledge and action, together we can co-create a more beautiful place than before the festival…
WE ARE ASKING EVERYONE TO THINK AHEAD, AND BRING YOUR OWN PLATES, UNTENSILS, AND REFILLABLE CUPS IN ORDER TO MAKE THE FESTIVAL MORE SUSTAINABLE AND HELP REDUCE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT.
The 7 PRINCIPLES OF LEAVE A POSITIVE TRACE
Plan ahead and prepare:
- Always pack out trash. Repackage food to reduce waste.
Travel and camp on durable surfaces:
- Camp on durable surfaces. These include established trails and campsites, rock, gravel, dry grasses or snow.
- Protect plant and wildlife habitat by camping at least 200 feet from lakes and streams.
- Avoid places where impacts are just beginning.
Dispose of waste properly:
- Pack it in, pack it out.
- Do your business in “cat holes” at least 200 feet from water, and cover the hole when done.
- To wash yourself or your dishes, carry water 200 feet away from streams or lakes and use small amounts of biodegradable soap. Scatter strained dishwater.
Leave what you find:
- That rock or antler looks cooler in the wild than on a shelf at home.
Minimize campfire impacts:
- No raging bonfires. Burn only when essential in established fire rings or using a low-impact mound fire.
- View from a distance.
- Never feed wildlife.
- Control pets so that they don’t harass or scare wildlife.
Be considerate of other visitors:
- Be quiet and respectful of your neighbors.